Tuesday, November 6, 2007

On The Road

Saw a woman on my way to work. I know it’s just mental isn’t it. So there I was stopped in traffic and this woman was stopped alongside, going in the other direction. She was in a car too by the way. She wasn’t just standing there in the middle of the road, pretending like. I happened to absentmindedly glance in her direction and what she was doing really caught my attention. As she sat there she was intently passing a set of Rosary beads through her fingers like she was mid Rosary or something and she had another set dangling from the rear view mirror. I let my window down wondering if I could hear her but alas I could not. She looked wide eyed and nervous like she was jacked up on Jesus, juiced up on the Lord, pumped full of piety. There she was sitting in traffic practically mainlining Christianity into her. Now I’m no shrinking violet but the very thought of a nervous woman, full to the gills with God, coming toward me in a car, Rosary beads in hand, lips all a flutter made me pause for a moment. Then a blonde chick passed by on a bike, and I strained to see her ass, and the moment passed.

No comments: